EpiGen and Nestec commenced a research collaboration in May 2011, focussing on the relationship between maternal nutrition, biomarkers and phenotypic outcomes related to offspring body composition, and insulin resistance in mothers and their children.
Our collaboration includes preclinical, observational and interventional studies.
- Maternal nutritional status in relation to glycemia during pregnancy and offspring adiposity.
- Effect of nutritional supplementation before and during pregnancy to manage insulin resistance in the LepRdb/+ model of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Investigating potential benefits of Docosapentaenoic acid over other Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in mitigation of inflammatory responses
- Understanding relationships between mothers’ feeding practices, children’s feeding behavior and the impact on food intake, diet, body composition, and weight status
- Investigation of the role of the maternal secretor status (human fucosyltransferase gene variants FUT2/FUT3) in relation to maternal and child health in two cohorts: SWS and GUSTO